The current releases of VersiTouch POS/Office, VersiTouch Credit, and the new VersiTouch Credit Access (v10.10.22) incorporate changes to meet the PCI PA-DSS requirements and ultimately help our merchant customers to achieve PCI compliance.
VersiTouch Credit Access is a tool that allows only authorized users to view protected credit card information, manually generate force files, and/or to remove sensitive credit card data when it’s no longer needed for business purposes. VersiTouch Credit Access is the only way to view full credit card data.
VersiTouch Credit Access must be activated prior to use, however, the identity of the primary administrator must be verified before we will issue an activation code. Please complete the VersiTouch Credit Access authorization form and have your identity verified by either a notary public or by your installing reseller. Upon completing the form, mail it to our address at:
attn: VCA Auth
218 Center Street
Oregon City, OR 97045
The steps for activating VersiTouch Credit Access and an administrator account are shown, below:
- Overwrite VersiTouch POS/Credit/Office with v10.10.22 (copy VersiTouch Credit Access to the main \RCS directory)
- Start VersiTouch Credit Access from the POS by clicking on “Managers” from the Main Screen or by running the program directly from the fileserver
- Contact VersiTouch, Inc. during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM PST) at 800.655.7349
Activate the merchant account
- Read the site ID code to the VersiTouch rep, who will generate an activation code
- Enter the activation code in VersiTouch Credit Access
Activate the temp admin
- Login using a temporary VersiTouch Admin (provided by the VersiTouch rep)
- Read the revised site ID code to the VersiTouch rep, who will generate a temporary admin activation code
- Enter the temp admin activation code in VersiTouch Credit Access
- Create a new user to be your permanent Administrator with all functions enabled
- Logout the temporary VersiTouch Administrator
- Login using the permanent Administrator
- Create additional users on a business need-to-know basis
- Remove old restricted data from the POS system
The Administrator should audit access logs every day to question access to restricted data.