Click here for the current PCI PA-DSS compliance listing for VersiTouch.
What is PCI Compliance?
Basically, all of the major card brands got together and created a common standard for credit card data security, known as the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS). Your compliance to the PCI DSS is now mandatory if you accept credit cards in your business. The PCI DSS can be viewed and downloaded from the following website: http://www.pcisecuritystandards.org
What is the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS)?
The PA-DSS is the list of requirements that we, as software developers of a credit card payment processing application, are required to implement so that you can achieve PCI Compliance. They are essentially specific rules and methodologies for developing secure programs in such a way that credit card data is less susceptible to compromise.
What you need to do:
- Start by reviewing our VersiTouch PA-DSS Implementation Guide. There’s a lot of information about the PCI DSS and specific recommendations for how to achieve PCI Compliance.
- If you’re setting up your POS network, you should consult our VersiTouch Firewall Guide for specific recommendations on hardware and segmentation.
- Follow up with the user guides for the individual software products that make up the VersiTouch Point-of-Sale suite:
Follow the instructions to activate VersiTouch Credit Access. You’ll need to complete and submit an authorization form that identifies you as authorized representative of your business.
Use VersiTouch Credit Access to check access logs.
Use VersiTouch Credit Access to permanently remove sensitive credit card data from POS storage files after you’ve verified that the deposit has made it to your bank account.
Always make sure that you are running the most recent versions of VersiTouch POS, VersiTouch Office, VersiTouch Credit, and VersiTouch Credit Access.
- VersiTouch POS Users Guide
- VersiTouch Credit Users Guide
- VersiTouch Credit Access Users Guide